Vini Vidi Vici

The frame of mind is something that is the most inevitable.You like something or you hate something...
The mind frames them neatly and puts them on the most accessible corners of our brain so that the moment we see it or hear of it, its by an impulse that we react..
NO THINK-TANK!! IMPROMPTO!!

And I won't deny that even I've got my priorities set without putting the teeny-tiniest efforts to learn about it..
And when it was time to implement whatever my mind framed for me - for quick decision making, I was proved wrong!!
And HOW??
I won't divulge in those details now..
Travelling has been on my mind after a rather busy year where I almost flunked in third year second sem finals, earned a job in a MNC, watched some dozen movies each month and screwing up the big three : TOEFL, CAT and fourth year first sem exams; I needed a break!!

Well I deserved a break at least for those efforts that didn't go in vain..

And when my suggestion was actually considered with utmost gravity, I should have fainted; but there was more to come..

We travel each year, the whole family, but this time my dad made a mistake, and we didn't let go of this single opportunity we had, we declared : IF IT'S VIZAG AGAIN, COUNT US OUT!!
To our surprise my dad actually agreed to our demand.
Sunny, bright and everything nice??
Not yet..Coz dad has his plan chalked out, while we were building our hopes in the sky, dad was making arrangements on the ground; while we were scribbling on the waters, dad was sculpting on the rocks...
Shimla, Jaipur, Mount Abu, . . ., Kerala, Andaman . . .

Well all had to succumb to dad's destination - Darjeeling-Gangtok-You can shop in Kolkata while coming back proposal!

It was not in the list of places we suggested and the frame of mind was quick at it's work..
Half-hearted we packed ourselves till Bagdogra, no direct flights to Darjeeling; so had to hire a vehicle, I decided to catch up with some sleep, my frame of mind said - you'd not miss much, so slip into a seista..
As I revealed already, this was short-lived..

The road was definitely not a straight one..I had trouble trying to sleep, my head hurt with each turn the driver took, half-hearted I stared at the driver..I couldn't see him but what I saw shook me out of my slumber..
Did I rub my eyes?? YES!!
Did I slip back into my sleep?? NO!!
Darjeeling being in the east - we relished the early sunset- bright and cozy on one side, foggy and cold on the other side of the hill.
And by five we reach Darjeeling, and by eight I was sleeping after a feast..

When my mom drew aside the curtains the next morning I was shocked for having slept till 12 in the day, and missing out the glimpse of the Everest from the hotel window, I set the alarm at 7!!(yeah, don't laugh, 7 is early morning for me..) I check my mobile : 5 ; I probably couldn't sleep over 20 hours, so after that breath-taking view of the everest which looked like a huge cake with loads of icing, I said, let the alarm wake me again!


The framework of my mind did enough damage, it made everyone miss a lot on that trip..

If only I put in little effort before going to Darjeeling, Gangtok but whatever be the case, it had an enchanting effect on me and it made me say....no, feel : I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!!

It was like conquering the world...and it taught me to accept everything with an open mind...still repent missing out on a lot of places in that trip, but the promise of tomorrow makes life seem more brighter.

Please don't repeat the mistakes that I made..( you would be committing a crime if you don't taste those momo's.. ;P )

Plan your trip with utmost care and proudly say

VINI . VIDI . VICI!!
I CAME . I SAW . I CONQUERED!!


Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Its true that we've to accept everything with an open mind..God has given u another chance..Go to Chennai n say I came,I saw, I conquered!CTS
Keertz said…
@harshitha:
hey thnz..
hope i could vini-vidi-vici CTS ;P
kruthi said…
hohohohohohooh..lol..but i'm missing those family together trips... :(
miss u sister!!!
Keertz said…
@sai:
same here..
:(

Popular posts from this blog

Happy days..

Lets walk home...

13.......